Alcoholic Beverage License Instruction Sheet
- You must first file an application with the State of Alabama ABC Office at (256)726-0401.
- There is a non-refundable filing fee of $100.00 due with the application.
- Completely fill out the application and sign in the required places and print the form to be notarized and then mailed or hand-delivered.
- Attach a copy of the articles of incorporation, organization or partnership papers.
- Attach a copy of your lease / deed. The name(s) listed on the lease must be the applicant.
- List all convictions other than minor traffic tickets. Failure to do so is cause for automatic denial of application.
- Provide a copy of a valid Driver’s License for each person listed on application.
- There is a fee of $25.00 per background check.
- Contact the Madison County Health Department at 256-539-3711 for a Food Permit.
- All on-premise liquor licenses require a minimum $8,000.00 Liquor Tax Bond.
Once the License Review Committee approves your application, and after you purchase the City of Huntsville Privilege License, you will be given a “Letter of Approval” to take to the State of Alabama ABC Office. Application processing time is approximately 5-6 weeks.
If you have any questions, you may call 256-427-5082, or write to:
City of Huntsville P. O. Box 308
Huntsville, AL 35804-0308
City of Huntsville
308 Fountain Circle Huntsville, AL35801
E-mail Address: docclerkBeverageSup@huntsvilleAL.gov